Reflection from the movie "Aladdin"




Watching a movie entitled “Aladdin,” I am amazed by the lesson that the story entails to its viewers. Remembering the part of the conversation between Aladdin and the Genie questioning him why he was only granted with only 3 wishes. The Genie replied “I don’t know. “Alladin enforced the question asking, “Why you don’t know? You said you are all-knowing.” Then Genie replied “I don’t say that I am all-knowing. I just said I am all-powerful. The most powerful being in the universe.”

I witnessed the part when Jafar fell due to too much hunger for fame and power putting himself into destruction.

Remember Solomon when he was given a chance by the Lord to ask for a wish? He can ask the same thing too. But He chooses wisdom. And for me, that was the right decision to make.

Choosing wisdom over money, fame, and power is the right decision that the person must ask from the Lord. Because without wisdom, no matter how long you invest in that effort, power, or anything that you have now, it will never succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment