Road to Damascus and its Meaning Revealed

 

Bible Reference: Acts 9: 1-19

The Story of Paul on the Road to Damascus was his conversion story from being persecutor of God's disciples to follower of Christ.


We often hear the story of Paul with his first encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus.  But we can hardly connect it now with our present situations because, for us, that experience is limited only to Paul. After all, he is persecuting Christians and Jesus' disciples.

But as you noticed while Paul traveled on the road to Damascus, he had experienced too much hatred in his heart and with only one motive in mind. To persecute his enemies and make them pay.

But Jesus intervened with Paul by standing in the middle of his way and immediately he lost his sight and direction putting him in a vulnerable state. “What will happen now? Will my enemies kill me with my helpless condition?

But there was an amazing turn of events because opposite to his expectations, his enemies became his comfort and helped him survive in that helpless situation where he suffered blindness for 3 days.

The real message behind the story of Paul on his way to Damascus is forgiveness and true repentance. It was not easy for the people of God to forgive Paul because of the loss of loved ones and all the persecutions that Paul inflicted on them. But the love of God transcends all understanding. And our thought is greater than our thought.

And to Paul, that was the turning point of his life when he uttered the words,”I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment